Sunday, July 30, 2006

More, the expansion of Guantanamo.

Two elections, stolen.
Hundreds of people, detained.
American culture, poisoned.
American soldiers, fighting desperately . . . to remain alive.
The State Department, humiliated.
The Defense Department, in control.

Quote:
Amnesty International's UK campaigns director, Tim Hancock, said: "This appears to make a mockery of President Bush's statements about the need to close down Guantanamo Bay. In addition to strongly urging the President to step in to prevent any extension to this already notorious prison camp, we call on him to speed up the process of closing Guantanamo and of ensuring that all detainees are allowed fair trials or released to safe countries." end quote.

Quote:
My fault is past. But, O, what form of prayer
Can serve my turn? 'Forgive me my foul murther'?
That cannot be; since I am still possess'd
Of those effects for which I did the murther-
My crown, mine own ambition, and my queen.
May one be pardon'd and retain th' offence?
In the corrupted currents of this world
Offence's gilded hand may shove by justice,
And oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself
Buys out the law; but 'tis not so above.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?