Friday, July 28, 2006

Israel is not applying itself

to victory. It seems to want only to prevail, and to prevail is to give future advantage to its adversaries.
I was not in favor of Israel's war before, but now that they've bought the ticket to mass slaughter, it seems they're a little squeamish about genuine fighting. They'd rather bomb apartment blocks than confront their enemies directly. They are showing more faith in their missiles & planes than in themselves. And that is costly, and will be costlier. They are not afraid to kill, but deathly afraid of dying. Well that's just too damn bad. When you engage in aggressive warfare, you'd better be prepared for the possibility of losing, and to see a good number of your soldiers die. I'm sick and tired of seeing these small numbers of Israeli casualties in the face of so many Lebanese. It shows that the will to fight and die and sacrifice are amiss in the IDF.
When I think of the nature of aggressive warfare, I think of June 6, 1944. Remember? American soldiers were advancing and dying, advancing and dying, in vast numbers, and they kept coming until the Germans were exhausted and had to retreat. The advance was the product of death as much as death was the product of advance. Now that's aggressive warfare-- confronting your enemy and his fortifications directly and being willing to sacrifice the necessary number of soldiers to secure advance and victory. When you engage in warfare of any kind, you become the spouse of death, and you must give him his due.
The arrogant believe that victory is the product of mass murder.
Those who have really fought understand that victory is the product of movement. And movement is possible when you are willing to sacrifice the lives of your soldiers in direct confrontation.

Comments:
why the violence? why killing civilians? Is it religion? who knows! I lived 18 years of my life in beirut Lebanon. Most of my life with no electricity, water and stability. I don't know if people here in the west understand what people in the Middle East are facing. All this war will do is plant more seeds of violence in the hearts of the children who in fact are expriencing the death of relatives, their houses being destroyed and their land being raped. What did the action of Israel do to lebanon during the invasion in 1982? Can we all just take a second and think of that invasion. Did it creat a resistance? Did it create a terrorist organization? Be objective and talk it to your self. I came accross a website that showed us the images of what is going on in lebanon and it really made my heart cry. Not to be biased I am sure that there might be some horrible pictures in Israel too. If any one have the heart to look at these pictures please do. Let me know if you can find a website of what is happening in Israel.
Peace, Shalom, Salam or whatever u believe peace means.
 
why the violence? why killing civilians? Is it religion? who knows! I lived 18 years of my life in beirut Lebanon. Most of my life with no electricity, water and stability. I don't know if people here in the west understand what people in the Middle East are facing. All this war will do is plant more seeds of violence in the hearts of the children who in fact are expriencing the death of relatives, their houses being destroyed and their land being raped. What did the action of Israel do to lebanon during the invasion in 1982? Can we all just take a second and think of that invasion. Did it creat a resistance? Did it create a terrorist organization? Be objective and talk it to your self. I came accross a website that showed us the images of what is going on in lebanon and it really made my heart cry. Not to be biased I am sure that there might be some horrible pictures in Israel too. If any one have the heart to look at these pictures please do. Let me know if you can find a website of what is happening in Israel.
Peace, Shalom, Salam or whatever u believe peace means.

nb: The website I came across was
www.fromIsraelToLebanon.info
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?