Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I sense a community,

religion, nation and culture here, but the people are extremely unsure of themselves. The shopkeeper is a confident man-- the existence of the foreign does not frighten him because he has integrity. The cleric & his people are all walking on eggs.
I don't read "Baghdad Burning" often because I have certain questions of its author that have not been answered. The site's original language is not Arabic, but English. This indicates that the blog is directed at the Western & American communities in particular. At the very top we read "Girl Blog from Iraq . . . Let's talk war, politics and occupation."
I just sense that I'm being manipulated here.
Still, this particular story is resonant with other things I've heard about Iraq, so I don't mind linking to it or discussing it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?