Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Presentation given

I gave my presentation on Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Legends of the Province House." I didn't remember all of what I had in my 25-page essay, but I think I remembered the most important things. My throat was scratched all day though. I've been keeping my throat lozenges with me, and I've found that nearly everyone else has the same scratch.
So the scratch is not limited to the Shenandoah Valley.
I still feel like I have a bit of a cold.
A friend of mine is taking her exams next week and I won't be able to get a ride home with her. So I think I'll be phoning the paratransit for my rides to school & back.
I'm much relieved now that the presentation has been given. All I have to do now is read and write the paper. I want to start drafting it this weekend, with an eye toward finishing it in a week. That way I can edit for a day or so before turning it in.
The weather today was not windy and very, very warm. I am sure that some cold days and perhaps some snows remain, but I also think that spring is coming. It has been an extremely mind winter though. There was no hard freezing and no extended cold.
What there was though, was extended overcast conditions in the sky. I'm sure that if it had been colder, we may have had more clear days.
A series of clear, extremely cold days woudl be very nice. The loss of the sun for extended periods of time is very depressing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?