Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I was listening to Dr. Rice

on my radio the other day, and the tone of her voice in these presentations she's been making in Europe struck me as frightened. She implies that "We're Americans, we're afraid, and we will do whatever we can to relieve our fear even if that means committing violent and degrading crimes."
The point is that the concerns of the rest of the world really don't mean anything to the neocons of what billmon calls the Cheney Administration. They really feel that the human race is a hollowed-out shell only their greed, rage and anxiety can fill.
And Condoleeza Rice is afraid. Of what is she afraid? The truth coming to light that America is the next enemy of the world, the next out-of-control dictatorship? Do we perceive in this regime the next Maoist China, Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany, or Stalinist Russia? I don't think Rice has any trouble with the crimes she has been a party to. What she really fears is the exposure of those crimes to some kind of international judgment.
The other night, I had a dream in which I was looking at a black circle in or perhaps on the sky. It was spreading further and further, and I believed a fusion bomb had been dropped. I was talking to someone, and I couldn't form a sentence around the word "survive." The fact that I remember it so vividly even now is significant. I don't usually do that.
I finally have some furniture on which to drape my frame from time to time. This morning I was talking to one of my fellow students about feeling frazzled. It's good to know that I'm not the only person in this program who has a non-competitive perspective on the work.

Comments:
Rice, like the rest of the Cheney administration, have decided to make "national security" a campaign issue for the foreseeable future. A permanent state of war is what they seek, just like the nightmare world of Winston Smith's _1984_.
Rice, the cold warrior, expert on the Soviet Union, is like a bear searching for honey, not caring about the stinging bees or the destruction of the nest.
Just look at the outcome of recent democratic elections, and the radical, violent, war loving factions that have come to power. First Hezbollah and now Hamas.
"We are at war with Oceana. We have always been at war with Oceana."

Crasmane, I'm happy for you that you have a new computer. You are such a wonderful writer and thinker. I will be reading your writings regularly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?