Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Echoes of the truth

A few months ago, when I was busy fantasizing about just what kind of place I would be living in in the not-too-distant future, my thoughts kept going to living close to a cemetery. I'm ecstatic. My apartment will be just down the street from a cemetery established in 1849, Forest Lawn Cemetery. There is a teaching hospital, Millard Filmore Hospital, just across the street from the apartment. Just further down Delaware Avenue opens onto the Niagra River.
This is a wonderful, wonderful location. And to walk to school, I'll be walking up my street, turn left, walk next to the cemetery for a while, and then turn a few degrees left and continue up Main Street to the North Campus. That's so simple, but a little further than I've been walking here. Still, it's only 3.7 miles. I can handle that.
I think this new place is going to agree with me well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?